Good morning!
So I've been sitting here for a hot minute. . . reading my friends blogs, and trying to figure out what to talk about. The funny thing is that when I was blogging almost every day or every other day it was so easy to just put what I was feeling. Now that I'm lacking internet at my home and have to use it where I can get it, I find it a little more difficult to pick out key events that have happened over the past few weeks. I have a real issue with getting too personal on these things. I love sharing my thoughts and feelings, but I'm always a little wary of actually talking about too many actual events or people that are in my life.
If I've learned anything in my (almost) 25 years it is that life can change in an instant, and not everything is what you think it is. Not that I think that both of those ideas are always negative things. Far from it. I'm a firm believer of living in the moment. I will not live in the past. Yesterday put me on my path for today, but it does not define my tomorrow. I have a rough plan for the future.
I totally believe in having an idea for the future. A five and ten year goal even. In five years I will start a DMA (a musical arts performance version of a PHD for all you none musicians). In ten years I hope to be teaching at the university level. Do I think about the future on a daily basis? Of course I do. Do I over analyze every single event that happens? Come on, we've been over that before. Will I change my mind on a daily basis? Maybe, maybe not. I'm making my own path.
The reason I say "rough plan"for my future is because it really is just that. Do I have the slightest idea where I want to go to school for that DMA? Nope. I haven't even picked a key area of study. The teaching at the university level idea could change too. I might change my mind tomorrow and completely drop music. Do I think that will happen? I'm 95% sure I will be teaching music in some form for the rest of my life. But I might decide I want to teach elementary music one day and just do it. I might decide I really do want to open that restaurant and put all my efforts into that. Will I be disappointed in myself in that happens? Of course not. I will always do what is right for me and what I want to do. Regardless of what anyone thinks. I believe in myself enough to know that I will make the best decision I can (and no, I'm not one of those people who doesn't ask a million peoples advice first).
One of the best assignments I've ever been given is writing my philosophy of teaching. I wrote it for my final education class at the University of Alabama. I wrote it in November 2009. Sure, some of the details I wrote about have changed, but my key idea of that paper still reigns true in my life today. I want to be someone who makes people believe that they can do things they never thought possible. Someone who encourages. I completely believe that you can do whatever you want as long as you never give up. Whether its through teaching music in some way, camping with my girlfriends, volunteering at my church, waiting tables, etc., if I can share that idea with the people in my world, then my life will have been a success.
I do my best to make the right decisions and enjoy the skin that I'm in. Sometimes I make the wrong decision. I fail on a daily basis. I have so much to learn in my life, and so very far to go. I'm on this great adventure, and I intend to enjoy every moment of it. I won't worry about tomorrow, and I certainly will not regret my past (that made me who I am today). God is good, and I am blessed to always have what I need.
love you, very inspirational! :) You are an amazing Woman!
ReplyDelete