School has started! The summer... well it ended...and end fast it did. I can already feel myself getting back into the swing of things, and it feels so good. I really am so lucky. I love what I do. Man, I can't tell you how much I look forward to doing my job. I'll be stressed out, anxious about life, etc and when I start doing my thing it all just goes away. I'm so thankful for the opportunities I have here at Utah.
So I played trombone this summer, but not nearly enough... My face hurts! Going from one hour a day to four to five just plain hurts! I'll get there though. I need a good kick in the butt for not practicing enough this summer.
What a year this is shaping up to be. Lots of life lessons this year. So many tears shed. So many friends made. So many laughs. So many second chances at life.
I tried to cry the past few days. Like 5 times. I couldn't. I didn't have any tears left. My eyes said no, even though my heart wanted to unlock the flood gates. I wonder if you can only cry so many tears in one year before your body just says no. Stop. You've got to get a move on with it. My body knows better than my mind.
This week I was reminded that I need to remember who I am. I am Lisa Tatum. I'm a child of God. I'm a warrior. I am passionate. There is more than one reason why I have a crown tattooed on my hip. It is a reminder of who I am and where I come from. Until recently I had been ignoring that reminder. I am strong and independent. I work hard. My word means something. I am reckless. I am emotional. I care.
I mean something.
I am not worthless.
I need to remember that more often.
The dog days are over.
At least this round anyway.
What? No, I'm not being pessimistic. I'm human. I have good days and bad days. My life isn't going to be perfect from here on out. I'll just keep using the lessons learned this year and keep on trucking along. God's grace gets me through the good and the bad. That's why it's GRACE, remember? = )
Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment