Sunday, November 6, 2011

Clean. Simple. Honest.

Sometimes I never know what to say here.  So many good things swirling around in my brain right now.  

I made some super yummy things this week.  Egg white omelets, frittatas, butternut squash soup, and black bean eggplant veggie burgers.  The good/bad thing about living alone and cooking for myself is that when I cook something I have a LOT of left overs.  And that's great, cause I'm good at budgeting with groceries...But it is also not great cause that means I'm eating the same thing over and over and over again. Like my delicious soup, I wound up getting 5 servings off.  So eating the same soup meal after meal gets a little old. And my veggie burgers?  (Which by the way cost a whopping $4 to make) Well I wound up having enough for 8 burgers.  That's 8 meals of veggie burger patty, unless I freeze some.  Soup freezes just fine, but I'm not so sure about eggplant black bean veggie burgers.   I love the fact that you can open my fridge and pantry and all you find are clean, natural foods.  Even my peanut butter is straight up ground peanuts. 

Basketball season started this weekend. Well the NCAA basketball season that is...  I am so excited for basketball season this year.  It really is a good time working the Utah women's basketball games.  

I have so so so much to do over the next month.  My goal is to get a jump on that this and next week. The ski resorts open very soon and I'd much rather be done with my school stuff before I start hitting the slopes hard this season.  My goal is 100 days this season.  I can totally rock that. :)   Might be the only season I have the opportunity to do that, especially if I get a teaching job next May.  

Speaking of jobs....Scary.  Let's not talk about that now...

I really enjoyed church at K2 today.  The message was awesome.  So the message wasn't on Romans 5:7-8, but Dave Nelson shared those verses as apart of the message and they really hit home.  I just found them really awesome.   The Message translation has them as:  We can understand someone dying for a person worth dying for, and we can understand how someone good and noble could inspire us to selfless sacrifice, but God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him.  

I figured out what I'm doing for my Christmas gifts this year.  Super excited about that.  

I got brown boots today.  Super excited about that too. 

Well I should probably go to bed.  I don't know what to think about this entire post, but whatevesies.  

Love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment