I've done the match.com thing. It was fine. I went on lots of dates. Dated some guys for a few weeks, one for a few months. I was on there twice in the past year so a total of 6 months.
So I'm watching tv tonight (the first time I've turned it on since Sunday) and a match.com commercial comes on and boldly states that people who use match.com are "3 times more likely to find a relationship." 3 times more likely? I was on there for 6 months and I couldn't find a relationship with their help, so does that mean my cause is completely lost without their match making skills? I mean, I did go on more dates, and I even found someone I cared about, but still no relationship.
Clearly, there's something wrong with me.
Or.
I refuse to settle for anything less than a passionate and extraordinary love. Settling for anything less after seeing/feeling what that could feel like just seems very much like the Carrie Underwood song titled "Wine after whiskey."
End rant.
No comments:
Post a Comment