Don't ask why, but I thought I'd make a new blog. Maybe I'll blame it on my friend Amberley, who has the cutest blog ever. Why not? My other blog is strictly food/exercise so maybe it'll be fun to have a different one? Who knows.
Why the name? Well I do, in fact, have an addiction to coffee. There could be worse things! I'm even drinking a cup as a type this. The other day I realized I had made it to 4pm without a cup of joe. What did I do? Make a cup, of course! My Keurig that my momma gave me back in August is quite possible one of the best gifts I've ever received. Now that I think of it...I'm almost out of KCups!
.........Ffffeeeeehh One quick trip to amazon.com and the problem is solved! Gotta love that Amazon Prime free two day shipping.
What to write about...what to write about... oh! Climbing! My new love. It might be my new favorite thing...ever. I can NOT wait for it to warm up so I can go climb on some real rock...outside...opposed to hanging in the climbing gym all the time. This past weekend I went to the climbing gym with my friend Katy. Well she usually boulders when she climbs and I've pretty much only done routes on the top rope. So boulder we did. Two hours later my hands were dead and my forearms were killing me. (Which they still are.) What an awesome, fun work out. We definitely had to start on the "easiest" routes (V0 and V1). Some of the guys in there were just killin it on the super difficult ones (V7 and up). Amazement. I'm not sure I will ever be that good, but I definitely enjoy it. I love figuring a route out after the 10th time of trying to make it up. I love feeling the rope on top rope and being able to trust that my friend has me and won't let me fall. I love moving up a level! Like on Sunday when Katy and I moved up a level from V0 to V1. Its crazy how much more difficult one level up can be. And I couldn't stop laughing cause I was so excited! I love it when complete strangers (who CLEARLY have more climbing experience than my 5 months of weekly or biweekly visits to the gym) are willing to encourage and help a newbie. So fun. So so fun. You really should try it.
This past Sunday I started working with the kids department. I'm helping teach the 3rd-6th grade Sunday school classes. It really reminded me of how much I miss teaching elementary school music! But so anyway the lesson for the week was on Luke 18-9-14, the story of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector. The subject was pride. The good kind and the bad kind. Well to start off the lesson every class gets a "clue capsule" that has a clue to what the lesson is about. Well the clue was a bike horn. Old school and awesome. So we passed the horn around and everyone was supposed to say something cool about themselves and then honk the horn, as they were "honking their own horn." I laugh now as I type. It was way fun and a good way for me to start to get to know these kids.
Well now that I've mentioned all that....I need to "honk my own horn." :) I had my preview for my first masters recital yesterday and it went so well. It was so much fun! Man, can I just say that moving to Salt Lake City is probably one of the best things I've done. It has been such an amazing experience. Not all good. In fact some of it has pretty much been awful, but isn't that apart of growing? But so anyway, my recital is in about 13 days!!!!! So excited! It is definitely gonna be a celebration of growth. Can't wait.
One last thing before I end this first post. "500 Days of Summer." Not a movie I would have picked out on my own, but a friend suggested it and said it was done really well. Oh man, what a great movie. Watch it. It truly was very well done. Watch it. You won't be disappointed.
Salt Lake City is the best decision, isn't it?! :) love you!
ReplyDelete