Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Life is just a journey, drop your worries. You are gonna turn out fine.

Where do I even begin?

Life has been a whirlwind since school started.

I finally got a bed! Amazing.  My stress level dropped about 50 notches after a few nights of finally getting off of the floor.  There was a week there I honestly thought I was going to pull my hair out.  It's crazy how much a good night's sleep can really change how you feel.

Life is good.  I don't know what to say other than that! I have some amazing friends.  I have an incredible job.  School is fantastic.  I have a church that I love and is wonderful.  The opportunities are endless.

Can I just talk about how much I love Salt Lake City?  Utah has become the love of my life.  I really need to spend more time up on the mountain.  I think it is so funny how anti-cold/snow I was before I learned how to ski.  That boy who took me to Snowbird the first time didn't know the monster he was creating! = )
I was on that mountain about 5 times a week last April and May, but for some reason I could't bring myself to go up there during the summer.  I was pretty down this summer.  No need to lie about it, but things are so looking up now.  But so besides all that, I've been up the fabulous LCC a few times lately.  My dear friend Melissa and I went to Oktoberfest at Snowbird a few weekends ago.  There is just something special about being up there.  I went  again with our mutual friend Natalie on Sunday.  Let's just say that trip was very successful. ; )  Bup Bup!  My friend Natalie cracks me up.  She and her friend Joey were definitely key in helping me make a new friend... Well so being up at LCC again made me want to go up even more. Yesterday I got in my little bug and drove up to Alta.  It took me a while to get up there in my little four cylinder VW but I eventually made it.





I had been dying to hike Cercret Lake again, and so hike I did.


Cecret Lake is the first trail I hiked in Utah last year.  My friend Robin took me and our friend Owen up there.  Last year when we got to the lake we just sat there for a long time.  I don't know how to describe what it feels like other than just to say it is truly amazing.  God created some beautiful places on this earth.


When I made it to the lake, I sat there for a while just to enjoy the beauty.

It would have been nice to have had someone to hike with yesterday, but I've never been one to not do something just because I have to do it alone.  Why wouldn't anyone want to experience beauty like this?


Being up there makes me feel so much better about life.  Not that I was feeling badly about life this past week, but being up there just feels rejuvenating and I love it.


I had to stop here and take another picture because Robin, Owen, and I stopped here for pictures a little over a year ago.



I can't believe that in a few weeks all of this will be covered with snow again! I am so looking forward to that! Crazy, huh?  Until then I am enjoying every moment of being in the sun shine that I possibly can!

I went to yoga at Centered City tonight with Melissa and Natalie.  It just felt so good.  When I got done I was so relaxed.  I really want to start doing more yoga.  After I recover from the surgery I'm having in 8 days it will definitely be added to the work out regime again.

Oh, and by the way, I'm having surgery a week from Thursday.  I'm not too sure how I feel about it.  Hopefully it won't be a terrible experience.  I will be out for the count for a hot minute.  Momma is flying up to help take care of me.  We'll see how all that goes...  I need to do some more hiking before next week!

Who wants to go???? = )

2 comments: