Now, when you eat clean, eating oats for breakfast becomes a standard. Sure their are other amazing complex carbs for breakfast, and I have an awesome berry quinoa breakfast recipe, but oats are the big breakfast grain in my opinion. I'm always game to play around with recipes.
These baked oats were so amazing. It is a must try and it reheats so well. I've got one more serving left that will be breakfast tomorrow. When I open my own clean eatery this will absolutely be on the brunch menu!
Ingredients for Baked Mango and Blueberry Oats:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup frozen mango
- 3/4 cup light soy milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp ground flax
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use safflower oil (or whatever oil you have around) to coat your 9 inch pie dish. Then distribute the mango and blueberries on the bottom of the pan. In a mixing bowl mix together the soy milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and egg whites. Add the dry ingredients and mix well! Pour the oat mixture over the fruit and pop in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes until your oats are golden brown on top. This makes 4 servings! It really is absolutely delicious! Mango is already so good, but mango after being baked for 30 minutes melts in your mouth. 
No comments:
Post a Comment