Thursday, March 8, 2012

Enjoying every moment.

March 8? Really?  Where is this year going?  Time flies when you're having fun, I suppose... :D

My recital is in 4 weeks? FOUR weeks.  Enter freak out mode.  I'm sure everything will be great.  I'm in a good place a far as all my music goes, but I need to work on endurance at this point.  An hour of solo music is a LOT of music.  It sure is going to be fun though!

8 weeks out until I'm done with my masters.  1 paper, 1 recital, and a handful of concerts stand in my way.  I can do this.  I can do this. I can do this!

We have been in L.A. for the PAC 12 tournament the past few days.  Sunny California... I don't know that I really want to live here, but it is always nice to spend a few days here.  Our hotel was right next to USC, so yesterday morning (after applying for 4 or 5 more jobs) I went on a nice long walk (alone of course) across the campus.  There is something so special about being on a university campus, especially on a beautiful day. Such a strong sense of hope exists, and future possibilities seem endless.  When you're an 18 year old freshman the world is at your fingertips.  My goals have altered slightly in the past 7 years, wow...7 years..., but the world is still at my fingertips.  I hope I never lose that feeling.  That excitement for life!  I'm learning to not let others get me down with their rudeness.   They can do their own thing, but I will continue to do mine.  I don't expect anyone to ever understand.  Hell, sometimes I don't even understand myself!

The future is looking bright.  So very bright, and I intend to enjoy ever moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment