Well I did it! Yessiree! And I totally have the ski bug! It was so much fun! Such a better experience than when I was 16 and tried to ski at Ober Gatlinburg in Tennessee.
I got the beginner special at Snowbird. $90 for a 2.5 hour lesson, a day pass for the beginner slope (Chickadee), and full gear rental. Pretty sweet deal if ya ask me!
My ski lesson was a group lesson with about 5 other adults. We had two instructors, Andrew and Lauren. They were so good. Both of them were really patient and really great at helping us figure out how to get around the slopes!
The lesson broke at 12:30 and can I just say that I was FAMISHED! Went and stuffed my face with some pizza. Yeah, pizza. After hearing them tell all the little kids to "PIZZA" to slow down I has a huge craving...Go figure. It was no Pie, but definitely awesome when I was so hungry.
After the PIZZA break (heheehe) we went back out on Chickadee to test it out sans instructor. So much fun. SO MUCH FUN. : ) I can't even count how many times I went down the slope. I was so exhausted afterward. I took a looooong nap when I got home.
I really can not wait to go again! I want to get off of the beginner slope and test my new skills! Nothing too fancy, of course. Taking this one step at a time. Give me a few more weekends and maybe I'll be ready for a black course!
I want my own boots. I'm officially on the look out for a pair of second hand or whole sale ski boots. I also need to buy a ski outfit. Thanks to Aidan for letting me borrow one of her ski suits for the weekend.
All in all I would have to say this weekend has been pretty fantastic. Beginning to end, a very good weekend indeed.
Love.

Next time you are going with me. I have waited my whole entire life for a ski buddy, who knew we would meet in graduate school, and that my buddy would play the trombone. I am so glad you had a great time, and yes, that is a super sweet deal. I can hear your accent even through your blog. It makes my heart very happy, very happy indeed.
ReplyDelete